Devaki Nanda Nayacha
Sri Govindaya Namo Namaha
I bow and pray to lord Krishna, son of Vasudeva and Devaki, also the son of Nandagopa, who takes away sorrows, sufferings, pain and trouble.
Vasudeva sutam devam
Krishnam vande Jagatgurum
I do vandana (glorification) of Lord Krishna, the resplendent son of Vasudev, who killed the great tormentors like Kamsa and Chanoora, who is a source of greatest joy to Devaki, and who is indeed a world teacher.
Mookam karoti vaachalam
Panghum langhayate girim
Yat kripa tam-aham-vande
Mukam(mute) karoti(makes) vacalam(eloquent), Pangum(lame) langhayate(cross) girim(mountain), yatkrupa (whose grace) tamaham vande(I salute Him), paramananda (one whose form is ananda) madhavam (Lord Krisna).
Adharam Madhuram Vadanam Madhuram
Nayanam Madhuram Hashitam Madhuram.
Hrudayam Madhuram Gamanam Madhuram.
Madhuradhipate Rakhilam Madhuram. (1)
Vachanam Madhuram Charitam Madhuram
Vasanam Madhuram Valitam Madhuram
Chalitam Madhuram Bhramitam Madhuram
Madhuradhipate Rakhilam Madhuram. (2)
Venur Madhuro Renur Madhurah
Panir Madhurah Padau Madhurau
Nrutyam Madhuram Sakhyam Madhuram
Madhuradhipate Rakhulam Madhuram. (3)
Geetam Madhuram Peetam Madhuram
Bhuktam Madhuram Suptam Madhuram
Roopam Madhuram Tilakam Madhuram
Madhuradhipate Rakhulam Madhuram. (4)
Karanam Madhuram Taranam Madhuram
Haranam Madhuram Smaranam Madhuram
Vamitam Madhuram Samitam Madhuram
Madhuradhipate Rakhilam Madhuram. (5)
Goonja Madhura Mala Madhura
Yamuna Madhura Vichi Madhura
Salilam Madhuram Kamalam Madhuram
Madhuradhipate Rakhi lam Madhuram. (6)
Gopi Madhura Leela Madhura
Yuktam Madhuram Bhuktam Madhuram
Dristam Madhuram shishtam Madhuram
Madhuradhipate Rakhilam Madhuram. (7)
Gopa Madhura Gavo Madhura
Yastir Madhura Shrustir Madhura
Dalitam Madhuram Falitam Madhuram
Madhuradhipate Rakhilam Madhuram. (8)
Madhuradhipate Rakhilam Madhuram.
Madhuradhipate Rakhilam Madhuram.
1) His lips are sweet, His face is sweet His eyes are sweet, His smile is sweet His heart is sweet, His gait is sweet—Everything is sweet about the Emperor of sweetness!
2) His words are sweet, His character is sweet His dress is sweet, His belly-folds are sweet His movements are sweet, His wandering is sweet—Everything is sweet about the Emperor of sweetness!
3) His flute is sweet, His foot-dust is sweet His hands are sweet, His feet are sweet His dancing is sweet, His friendship is sweet—Everything is sweet about the Emperor of sweetness!
4) His singing is sweet, His yellow cloth is sweet His eating is sweet, His sleeping is sweet His beauty is sweet, His tilaka is sweet—Everything is sweet about the Emperor of sweetness!
5) His deeds are sweet, His liberating is sweet His stealing is sweet, His love-sports are sweet His oblations are sweet, His tranquility is sweet—Everything is sweet about the Emperor of sweetness!
6) His gunja-berry necklace is sweet, His flower garland is sweet His Yamuna river is sweet, His ripples are sweet His water is sweet, His lotuses are sweet—Everything is sweet about the Emperor of sweetness!
7) His gopis are sweet, His pastimes are sweet, His union is sweet, His food is sweet, His delight is sweet, His courtesy is sweet — Everything is sweet about the Emperor of sweetness!
8) His gopas are sweet, His cows are sweet His staff is sweet, His creation is sweet His trampling is sweet, His fruitfulness is sweet—Everything is sweet about the Emperor of sweetness!
For Carnatic Enthusiasts:
This song can be sung in Raga Kirvani in Kaherva Tala.